Robert J. Derick, M.D.
Dr. Derick received his undergraduate degree at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana. He attended the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Derick completed his Ophthalmology residency at The Ohio State University Medical Center where he served as chief resident in 1989. He then completed a Glaucoma Fellowship at the Johns Hopkins University Wilmer Eye Institute in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Derick has worked for the Ohio State University Ophthalmology Department for over ten years. He has served as an Associate Professor for the Ohio State Ophthalmology Department and has received many awards and honors including “The Best Doctors in America” award in 1998. His extensive research in the glaucoma field has been published in numerous ophthalmic journals. He maintains his teaching affiliation with the Ohio State University and continues to be a provider for most major health insurances. Dr. Derick specializes in glaucoma, cataract, and general Ophthalmology.
- Associate Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at The Ohio State University Medical Center
- Coordinator of Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Memberships
- Prevent Blindness Ohio, Health Sciences Advisory Committee
- Prevent Blindness Ohio, Board Member
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Medicine
- Columbus EENT Society
- Ohio Ophthalmologic Society
- Ohio State Medical Association
Contact our office to learn more about our procedures or to make an appointment »